I am ready to start this school year and I’m so excited to meet you next week!
Our 3rd grade open house is next Wednesday, August 21 from 6:30-7:30. You may stop by the classroom at any time during that hour.
When you come in, get ready for a scavenger hunt to learn your way around “Our Neck of the Woods”! The scavenger hunt materials will be on the table right outside our classroom door. It will help you and your parent learn your way around our world!
If you have school supplies that you have ready for school, feel free to bring them and leave them at your spot. This will help you have a lighter backpack on the first day of school.
Enjoy these warm days of summer, and I hope to see you next week Wednesday!
Are you visiting this page because you will be in this class next year? If so, welcome!
While you are here, be sure to sign up for email updates (on the right sie of the blog hwere it says subscribe by email). Our class blog will be the site for information about school supplies, curriculum and assessment, and much more!
The school supply list has been posted. Please remember to sign up for updates on the Georgetown School Blog, too! The school blog will provide updates all summer and year long about school-wide events and important details. Watch for open houses and calendar dates for the beginning of the school year!
I am so glad you are here! I will be posting a few times between now and the beginning of the school year, so please check back! I am working hard to get ready for a great third grade year!
I look forward to meeting you at our school open house on Wednesday, August 21 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
– Mrs. Deters
Dear Third Grade Families,
Here is the list of supplies that your third grader will find helpful this year! Please stick to this list, as we have limited space to store supplies for each student. Thank you for your help in this!
- (2) writing composition notebooks (1 for Writer’s Workshop and 1 for word study/grammar)
- Feel free to decorate the front of these journals before the first day of school!
- (1) spiral notebook for a math journal
- (2) fine point dry erase markers for your whiteboard work
- (2 – 3) glue sticks to contribute to our classroom shared supplies
- No.2 pencils (not mechanical pencils, please)
- Scissors if you have some
- (1) small pack of colored pencils, crayons, or markers (not all three!)
- (1-2) highlighters to contribute to our classroom shared supplies
- (5) pocket folders (plastic works best, but are not required).
- Purple or Orange
Please do not send in a binder!
- P.E. shoes to be left at school
- These do not need to be new, just need to be clean for P.E. class
- Bandaids to donate to the classroom
- Hand sanitizer to donate to the classroom
- Small pencil pouch
- Please do not send in any kind of pencil box! They are too big to fit in the storage space of our desk.
- Water bottle
- Please bring a kid’s water bottle if you can — larger bottles tip/get knocked over and then spill very easily! If you do not have a kid’s water bottle, you do not need to make a special purchase.
Did you know that every BOX TOP and every COKE CAP collected earns money for our school?
This summer we would like you to work hard to collect both! The money we earn will go toward a basketball hoop on our K/1 playground!
BOXTOPS: Every completed BOXTOP sheet is worth $5.00. If every child from Georgetown (approximately 570 kids) fills one sheet this summer, our school will earn $2,750. Many thanks to Lori Simpson and all of you who are on her team of BOX TOPS counters, trimmers, and packers. This is a great program that pays off because of all of YOU!
Download your summer BOX TOPS form here: here!