About Mrs. Deters

My name is Mrs. Katrina Deters!

I am from Hudsonville, MI, and live here again with my husband and our dog, Ollivander (who answers to Ollie). Late this fall we are expecting our first baby! We do not know if it is a boy or a girl — it will be a surprise for you and for me!

• Education: I attended Hope College, and I am currently working on my Master’s (only 3 classes left – hooray!) at Grand Valley State University.
  • Food: I love all things FOOD related – cooking, baking, cooking shows, new recipes, funky ingredients, and new restaurants! But don’t get me confused with a food snob…I am very happy to eat a $5 pizza at the end of a long day 🙂
      • Favorite Foods: I love just about any type of food, but my favorites will always belong to the bread family – breads and pastas. My other favorite food belongs to the…GUMMY family! I love all things gummy! Gushers and gummy bears are my very favorite 🙂
  • Travel: Mr. Deters, Ollie, and I enjoy traveling to visit our three sisters…since they are located in great vacation destinations (Traverse City, MI; Nashville, TN; Milwaukee, WI) we spend a lot of time in their cities throughout the year!
      • We enjoy traveling to Mexico, as well, and have a tentative European trip in the works for Summer 2022. Here’s hoping!
  • Music: I sing, play the violin and ukulele, a bit of guitar and piano, and love all things music! I have worked as a choir director in a variety of settings, and also as a music teacher! Music adds SO much to every area of life. We have lots of movement and music in our classroom!
        • Fun fact: My mom and I Dutch dance together in Tulip Time 🙂 Watch for my dance schedule in April, and come out to see me in a crazy costume while you eat an Elephant Ear! 🙂
print