We made it through our first full week of April as 3rd graders! I missed your kiddos over spring break, and we have dived right back into hard work this week! 🙂
At the end of this post I’ve included pictures from our blanket making before spring break. We had so much team work, fine motor skills, and perseverance going on in our classroom with that portion of our service project — I was SO proud of each of my students! Thanks for raising some of the best kids out there, and for sharing them with me everyday!
Our unit we just completed in math is very short – only 8 lessons long. This means that it is time for our unit assessment already! Next week we will be taking our Unit 7 math test on fractions. Watch for extra optional practice coming home to help your child prepare; I would strongly encourage you to have your child complete at least part of each of these!
Read on for a few updates.
1) Early Release: Don’t forget next week is our next early release on Friday, April 23. Dismissal is 12:15 pm – thank you!
2) Mileage Club Starting:
Our wonderful P.E. teachers will be starting the Mileage Club at GES. Here is a message from Mrs. Neinhuis and Mrs. VanKoevering regarding how it will be run (no pun intended
) this year.
1. We will be doing this on Monday/Wednesday/ and Friday lunch recess. Teachers are welcome to take their class out at other times.
2. Each student will be responsible for taking their card outside if they are running.
3. Students will get a “dot” on the foot for every lap they complete and when they have four dots they have completed a mile. They will then bring their card on their PE day and we will “X” off that mile and hand out prizes.
4. The most miles they can earn is 15 this year. We will run it for 3 weeks finishing on May 12.
3) M-STEP Window: Third grade will be taking the M-STEP May 6 and May 13. Please be sure your child is at school on those days if at all possible, and is well-rested and has a good breakfast! Can’t wait for your kiddo to show the state what they know 🙂
4) Disinfectant Wipes: We are (as always, these days) running short on disinfectant wipes in our room! Thank you for considering sending a canister or two in with your child in the near future.
5) Snacks Reminder: We have had quite a few kids forgetting snacks lately. Please make sure your child has a snack packed, whether they get school lunch or bring lunch from home, as it takes quite a bit of instructional time to hand snacks out to each child (we’re having upwards of 5 or more each day lately!) Thank you for your help in this.
6) Curriculum Updates: We will be testing our learning about fractions in math next week, and will continue building on our literacy skills with research clubs in reading and in writing. They have rocked that this week!
Thanks so much, parents.
Friday, April 23 – Early Release
Thursday, May 6 – M-STEP for 3rd grade
Thursday, May 13 – M-STEP for 3rd grade
Friday, May 21 – Early Release