Student Picture, Parent Survey, Virtual Open House, Oh My!

It’s *Almost* Back to School Time!

Parents, I’m thrilled to get to know your student this year and to help him or her reach their fullest potential! I will send a more “typical” weekly blog post on Friday with daily schedules, specials schedules, upcoming dates, and other first week information.

For now, please read on for THREE reasons: Pictures, Survey, and Virtual Open House!

1) Let’s See Those Sweet Faces!

I can hardly wait to get your student into my classroom in a few days, but since I don’t get to meet him or her without a mask on for a while, I would LOVE to see a picture of your student without a face mask on! Please email a picture of your child, with his or her first and last name included, to me at kdeters@hpseagles.net.

I will also be taking a picture of each student’s face during a mask break sometime during the first week of school, and will be printing them to hang in our room! This is fun, too, because we have a “first day” or “first week” of school picture to look back on at the end of the school year — which seems lightyears away from this point in August!

——————————————————————

2) Parent Survey

Please take a few moments to fill out this Parent Survey with questions regarding your child’s transition to his or her 3rd grade school year. While some of the information may feel redundant to type to me (bus number, parent email, etc), I will compare your responses from the survey to any communications from the office or PowerSchool and will check for discrepancies. Hopefully any confusion or changes will be cleared up early on this way! 🙂

Thanks so much!

——————————————————————

3) Happy Virtual Open House!

While I cannot wait to meet you in person on Monday, I know that it will be a little different than our usual first day of school because students will not have gotten to see their new classroom or met me yet. Because of this, you will see:

1. A video that shows how to find our classroom from the bus, how to find it from parent drop off, and also what you’ll do when you get to school on the first day! Don’t forget, you will be coming straight to our classroom instead of to the playground.
  2. A panorama shot of our classroom!
  3. A picture of me without a mask on! Don’t forget to head to the All About Mrs. Deters page on my blog to read about me and my growing family…and for more pictures 🙂

Welcome to Third Grade!

Home, Sweet Classroom!

Mask-Free Mrs. Deters 

print