First Week of School!

First day of school, here we come!

Parents, you did it. You survived the world’s longest unexpected time away from traditional schooling, and it’s finally time to send your kiddo back to our wonderful Georgetown for a year of learning and growing. I can’t wait to meet all the kids in person! I will send more general information about the school year to you at the end of this week when you’ve had some time and space to process all the crazy that is this first week of school 🙂

Don’t forget to fill out the parent survey if you haven’t already so I can ensure your child has a smooth transition to 3rd grade.

I know that everything feels different and many things still feel “off”: You are not alone in thinking and feeling this. We have been working so hard to prepare for your kids to return to school smoothly and as “normally” as possible, and I will work my buns off to love and support your child day in and day out. Third grade will be a year your child will never forget, hopefully for lots of GREAT reasons! 🙂

THANK YOU for all the grace and patience you have already shown me…I work in the BEST district around because of the amazing students and parents!

Please read on for a variety of reminders and information, and for upcoming dates. Thanks so much! I also recorded a video explaining our agenda for the first day of school — please show this to your child to ease as much anxiety as possible!

——————————————————————————————–

Half Days

Hopefully you are well aware of this change, but remember that due to the heat/humidity, students will have Early Release days this coming Monday (8/24), Tuesday (8/25), and then the previously scheduled Thursday (8/27).

——————————————————————————————–

Important Paperwork to Return to School

Please be sure to review, complete, and return three forms that will be sent home in your child’s folder on Monday. Typically these would be sent home at Open House, but this year they’ll be coming home the first day of school. Your child will return them to me, and I will get them to the office. Thank you for your help in this!

Required forms that MUST be returned to GES:

• Family Compact (pink paper)

• Student Profile Sheet (white paper)

• Covid-19 Health Screening Commitment (white paper)

• Medical Forms if your child needs medication at school

——————————————————————————————–

Parent Pick Up

Copied from the GES Blog:

“CHILD DROP OFF:  If you are dropping your child off at school, please do this in the front circle drive. 

• DO NOT DROP OFF BEFORE 8:35 a.m.
  • Your child will exit your vehicle (passenger side only for safety) and enter the building.
  • Students will go right to their classrooms and NOT to the playground.
  • Once inside the building, we will walk groups of students to their classrooms.
  • If your child arrives after school begins, you must walk him/her into the front office and sign your child in for the day.
  • Our school secretaries will have a sign-in log available at the front desk.  Your child will then walk to his/her classroom.

CHILD PICK UP: For those of you who pick your child up after school, please park in the lot and wait outside the building, on the south side of the cafeteria near the outside door of the cafeteria.

• Please do your best to remain respectful of others and abide by social distancing standards.
  • A Georgetown employee will be there to greet you, find out which child(ren) you are there to pick up, radio into the cafeteria to have the child(ren) sent out.
  • If your child normally rides the bus, SEND A NOTE ADDRESSED TO THE TEACHER AND DATED indicating that you will be providing pick up.
  • If it is a last minute change, inform the office no later than 3:00 p.m.  Follow the pick-up procedure listed above after informing us of the change.”

——————————————————————————————–

Lunch

Third graders will be eating lunch in our classroom this fall! Students getting hot lunch will go to the cafeteria to get their meal, then bring it back to the room to eat. What an adventure this will be! 😉

• On Early Release days, students wishing to get school lunch can get a sack lunch to go.
    • 8/24 and 8/25: Sack lunch consists of a Ham & Cheese Croissant Sandwich, veggies, fruit, and milk
  • SeptemberMenu2020 Calendar

——————————————————————————————–

Upcoming Dates

• Monday, August 24: First Day of School / Early Release (12:15 pm dismissal)
  • Tuesday, August 25: Early Release (12:15 pm dismissal)
  • Thursday, August 27: Early Release (12:15 pm dismissal)
  • Friday, August 28: No School
print